During Stage 3, pupils work towards being able to swim 10m on their front and back and will be able to swim underwater to collect objects from the bottom of the pool. Rotation skills and water safety knowledge will also be developed.
By the end of Stage 3 of the ASA Learn to Swim Framework, pupils should have reached nine outcomes:
1. Jump in from poolside and submerge (min depth 0.9m)
2. Sink, push away from wall on side and maintain a streamlined position
3. Push and glide on the front with arms extended and log roll onto the back
4. Push and glide on the back with arms extended and log roll onto the front
5. Travel on the front, tuck to rotate around the horizontal axis to return on the back.
6. Fully submerge to pick up an object
7. Answer correctly three questions on the Water Safety Code
8. Travel 10 metres on the back
9. Travel 10 metres on the front
Bulmershe Leisure Centre »
Carnival Pool »
Loddon Valley Leisure »
ONE NK »
Sleaford Leisure Centre »